Gone are the days where a patient goes to the phone book to find a local dentist.
Now, your potential patients have already researched the product or service they are interested in, how much it costs, how it works, and what other people are saying about you and your practice by researching reviews. All this is done prior to the patient coming in.
These patients have become more sophisticated in researching what they want, what they need, and whom they are going to get it from. Prior to the Internet, people couldn’t research dental practices with ease.
However, through the power of the Internet, your patients will walk through your doors more informed. At Practice Maximization, we can help improve your online reputation so you can attract more patients to your dental practice.
You have a choice when it comes to how people view your dental practice online…
- If you choose to have an unattractive dental website that doesn’t resemble the professional, friendly, and inviting practice you have, then people may move on to the next dental practice.
- If you choose to not have detailed product and service information on your dental website, people may choose another practice that does offer it.
- If you choose to have patient video testimonials on your dental website, you will separate your practice from 99.9% of all other dental practices.
- If you choose to hire a proven and qualified SEO firm to create a visible, first page web presence for your practice, you WILL generate more new patients.
Your potential patients are different and have transitioned to a more sophisticated patient through the Internet. To keep up with them, your dental practice has to make the same transition. Your dental website and online reviews are vital to not only generating new patients, but are vital to converting potential patients that are referrals!
Here are some interesting statistics to know:
- There are approximately 3 BILLION local searches done every month.
- Over 85% of consumers use the Internet to find local medical and dental practices.
- Approximately 90% of searchers perform some offline follow-up with businesses they find online such as calling for more information, emailing a request form with questions, or making a purchase.
- 61% of online local searches result in an offline purchase.
- Nielsen studies report that approximately 79% of the U.S. population spends an average of 30 hours per month on the Internet.
These trends in patient buying and search habits are only going to increase as people become more adept at utilizing the Internet. Conforming to the transition of your patients to the Internet has become a vital part of dental practices' success. Creating and updating an effective dental website, a visible position online, and informing your current and potential patients will lead to higher conversion rates and more new patients.
The only way to continue growing your dental practice is if it evolves with your potential patients. At Practice Maximization, we can help you bring your dental practice into the future. Call us today at (888) 292-2158 or get a free consultation here.